History of the monastery in the village Velicna explains, that Zabrez chapel was builded by templar knights, which at that time owned large land around village Velicna. The memory of these monks is remembered until today, where the part of the village, owned by Roman Catholic Church today, is called “Mniskou” which means “monk´s”.
Village of Velicna is mentioned first time in 1420 and was owned and managed by reves.
Chapel – wooden lategothic from the end of 15th century, was build on the stone base of the older church, partially renovated in the middle 17th century and totally renovated at 18th and later in 20th century. The wall paintings and the plastic art (from 15-17 century) are located in outdoor folk museum at Zuberec.